Taken from the site of the remains of the Okere Falls Power Station.
20km North of the Rotorua CBD.
Rotorua, New Zealand.
Constructed between 1899 and 1901, the Okere Falls Power Station on the Kaituna River was the New Zealand central government’s first hydro electric power scheme. The station was initially built to power sewerage pumps and lighting in Rotorua, a significant tourism town.